- I graduated summa cum laude from Bradley University in Peoria, Illinois in Education and Spanish.
- I have taught 8th grade Spanish through the Elementary Spanish Program and Spanish for adults.
- I have lived in Costa Rica and have traveled to Argentina, Peru, Mexico, Spain and several other countries.
- I have been trained in a variety of methodologies which give me the tools to teach Spanish effectively through the use of storytelling, physical response, music, games and more.
- I enjoy baking, biking and looking at pictures of cute animals.
Why I Love Teaching Spanish:
- I have fun while I am learning Spanish and I have fun passing that enthusiasm to my students.
- I love helping students feel more connected to their world and more empowered by their knowledge.
- The Spanish classroom offers a light-heartedness where students can learn to have fun even while making mistakes.
- The Spanish classroom gives students a forum to develop academically while also developing compassion, grace and sense of humor.
- Spanish is becoming more prevalent in our world and students will find many practical applications for the language in their everyday life.
Me in Costa Rica around Christmastime last year!